Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Getting Healthy & Staying Healthy

I have finally realized that it's important to get healthy and stay healthy. As I have aged grown up, I have realized that my metabolism isn't what it once was. I was so small in high school and college. I wore a size 4 wedding dress and looked pretty good during my mid-late 20's and then 30 hit and something happened. I think we all realize what happens once you reach the age of 30 ... it's all down hill. So things have GOT to change. I am challenging myself, and my hubby can come along for the ride (as moral support of course ;))! 

I am challenging us (yes both Kevin & I) to eat healthier and exercise more. I plan on keeping a journal to track everything that goes into my body and every exercise that I do. My goal is to start this next Monday, July 28, and keep it up for a year! (yep, you read that right... A YEAR!!) 

Well, let's take things slow and take one step at a time. It only takes 30 days to develop a habit. So I will start small. My first challenge is to drink more water and less sugared beverages (soda is my downfall & Cherry Coke is my favorite). My second challenge is to walk or ride my bike at least 30 minutes a day. 

I encourage all of you to challenge yourselves. And I know that both Kevin and I could use the encouragement from you, so kind words are always welcome. Join us on our journey to become healthier and happier people! :) I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment