So I recently accepted a long-term substitute assignment at Ross Park Elementary for an Art and Phys. Ed. position while the teacher is out on maternity leave. I am very excited for this new adventure. Although I have worked at Ross Park as a part-time Title 1 parapro and have done 3 other long-term substitute jobs (one at Lincoln Park and two at Oakridge Upper Elementary), this will be different for me and, I think, a lot of fun. I have never long-termed in a specials/enrichments class before. It will be awesome to see lots of different students throughout the day and see many kids that I know at Ross Park. Not only will I be teaching at Ross Park, but I will also be at Churchill. This is the only building at Mona Shores that I have not taught at, besides the High School. I am excited to work at this building as well and get to know the staff and students there.
Tomorrow, I will be job shadowing at Ross Park and next week sometime, I will be at Churchill. I am ready to be back in the classroom and get into a teaching routine. I am also excited to use my artistic side and see all the talent the students at Ross Park and Churchill have. I am looking forward to phys. ed, too. This is something that Kevin laughed at me for and was a bit jealous since he has a minor in phys. ed and hasn't taught it yet. I am ready to run around and have some fun while hopefully getting into shape!
I am ready!
GO SAILORS!
No comments:
Post a Comment