Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School

Today is the very first day of school for the 2012-2013 school year for my handsome hubby, Kevin. This is his 5th year teaching at West Ottawa. This year he is teaching in the Dunes Alternative School, an e2020 recovery course, and 2 Algebra 1 classes of Freshmen. This semester he opted out of a planning period, so he will be quite busy this first semester of school. It's hard to believe that he's been teaching for 5 years already! I am so happy for him and everything he has accomplished thus far. As for me, I was unable to find a teaching job again this year. This year is one of the first years that I am going into the school year without any long-term or parapro jobs lined up. I am hoping for a 5th grade long-term in the late fall/early winter. 

As for my health, I am pretty much completely better. The meds I am on are definitely helping and I am thankful that I am finally back to normal. This means I can get back into substitute teaching and not feel sick every single day! I visit with my doctor early next week for a checkup. 

The summer has gone by incredibly fast. I still can't believe it's September and everyone has gone back to school. Kevin and I didn't do too much this summer but we had a relaxing one. I babysat my niece and nephew and Kevin worked for the city of Norton Shores. He took 2 weeks off at the end of the summer so he could relax and enjoy his summer before heading back to school. We traveled to Cadillac in August for a friend's wedding. We were so thrilled to be a part of Jordon and Sarah's big day! We also got to see some old college friends at the wedding. We had a great time. 

We hope you all enjoy the end of the summer and the start of the fall. Hopefully, I will get back into the routine of updating this blog. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment