Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Smell of Fall is in the Air

I cannot believe that school is starting next week! It seems like we have so much summer left. Since the weather has officially taken a turn for the worse these past couple of days, I do feel like fall is quickly approaching. Before we know it, the leaves will be falling and we'll be hearing the distant voices of children saying "trick or treat" on our doorsteps! :) I will miss summer!!

Since I have written last, a lot has happened with jobs and our house. First of all, Kevin is no longer assigned to teach computers this year. He will be teaching freshman algebra again in the same school in the same classroom next door to the same teacher! He was very pleased to get the phone call! I can't believe he is going into his third year of teaching. That is awesome!! I wish I was going into my third year of teaching. I haven't even had my first. :( I have not found a permanent teaching job for this year and it sucks!! I will, however, be teaching 4th grade at Oakridge Upper Elementary as a long-term sub starting in about a week and half probably. It really depends on when the teacher goes into labor, I could start earlier or later than planned. I am very excited though. I was able to meet the majority of students at the open house and see several students I had from student teaching when they were in 1st grade! Crazy how time flies. I pray and hope that I will be able to find another long-term sub. job later in the year.

As far as our house goes, we have made some changes. Our yard is looking better every day. It's so nice to have underground sprinkling. The dirt and soil are looking great and the grass is getting greener!!  A couple of weeks ago, we purchased 3 trees! We were very excited about this since our yard was treeless. It will, of course, take awhile for them to grow big but I am happy that we have them and will finally begin to get some shade in our yard. 

We had new neighbors move in next door about a month ago. They are great people! The neighbors on the other side of us moved out in July and moved south for jobs. The house has been on the market since then and hasn't yet sold. We are eager to see someone purchase it so the yard can be taken care of ... lol. We are really hoping we will get some great neighbors on that side of us as well. 

School starts Tuesday. Have a great Labor Day weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment