Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

YAY for warm weather! :)

It has been pretty warm the past couple of weeks and we've been loving it! :)  Today I went for a 2 mile walk, it was so nice! :)  Tomorrow, I plan on walking a little further.  Tomorrow night is Kevin's first softball game of the season!  I am very excited to watch and Kevin is very excited to play and get back into it! :)  The team looks like it is going to be a good one this year, we have a lot of younger guys so we'll see what happens this season.

I am starting my spring semester class on May 10th at GVSU as I continue to work toward my Masters Degree.  It's Teaching Writing, so I'm sure it won't be too hard.  I am excited to get that started and have one more class (3 more credits) under my belt.  I can't wait until I have the 18 credits I need to get my Professional Teaching Certificate.  Now if only I can find a teaching job. ;)  Kevin is starting his class on May 14th.  Lucky for him, his class only meets 6 times and his last day is the day after the last day of school!!  Kevin has also accepted a summer school teaching job which he will do in August.  He will work 4 days a week until 12, so that will be nice for him.  He is working for the City of Norton Shores in June and July.

Some of you know that I applied for a 5th grade teaching position at Muskegon Christian School for next school year.  I have been praying every night for an interview.  Last week, MCS emailed me and said they were still in the process of reviewing applications and calling references.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I wait to hear from MCS about an interview.  This would be a great job for me at this time. :)  We are also waiting to hear about Kevin's position for next year.  Right now, 12 people need to retire and so far 8 have turned in their paperwork and 4 have said they were going to retire but no paperwork has been turned in yet.  Please pray that Kevin will have a teaching position for next year.

Our next big project on our house will be underground sprinkling. We have purchased almost everything needed for it but are waiting to get started on that until we hear about Kevin's job.  Hopefully, we'll be able to install the sprinkling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment